Skip to main content

We're going to Las Vegas!

Good things eventually come to those who never give up!

With the spring bringing warmer weather and brighter longer days (winter is long and dark in Sweden), Amanda found the energy to pick up the ServiceNow studies again. And shortly after that we received unexpected and very existing news

Amanda and I just now received an email from ServiceNow inviting us both as speakers at ServiceNow Knowledge 2024 conference in May in Las Vegas, USA. We will be live on stage in Las Vegas sharing our story of creating a new ServiceNow professional of Amanda (with no prior IT background) with the support of ServiceNow RiseUp, ServiceNow Now Learning, and the mentorship of me (a very seasoned and experienced ServiceNow Certified Master Architect (CMA)).

Knowledge 2024 Speaker Invitation

We are so excited about this - and we are so happy to share our story. Naturally, this is the first time for Amanda - but for me it is the second time I'm a speaker at ServiceNow Knowledge. Last time was Knowledge 2019 - last Knowledge before the pandemic.

Now we must spend all our time planning and preparing the session. We both want to do our very best - and provide great value to anyone attending our session.

Knowledge 2024 Session Info



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live on Stage in Las Vegas

We did it! Today Amanda and I held our session on Knowledge 2024 on stage in Las Vegas. I'm very proud of both of us - we did a great show. Afterwards, we both received great feedback from the audience, and we were also interviewed by ServiceNow. We were both very exhausted afterwards - but it was a great feeling standing on that stage, sharing our story together.

A sharp task! Amanda exceeds expectations...

 Last week I gave Amanda a sharp task to practice the new skills and test herself. The task focused on the Service Catalog and contained the following elements: Create a new category in the Service Catalog to order pizza. Create subcategories for different types of pizzas, for example Italian, American, etc. Each orderable pizza must contain: Description Price Image When you order a pizza, you should be able to choose extra ingredients - which should also affect the price. Price must be given in Swedish currency (kr). Certain pizzas in each category can only be ordered by VIP customers, and thus not be visible/selectable for "regular" customers. (Note that the instance was not pre-configured for Swedish currency - only US currency.)

Status update

Several people have been asking me about Amanda, and how she progress in learning ServiceNow. Unfortunately, I must confess that we both have lost momentum a little bit. Since Amanda failed the second attempt at becoming a Certified System Administrator (CSA), back in January, I've had so much on my plate. I've been so busy at work that I haven't been able to support Amanda properly, and help her find new energy to progress. At the same time, Amanda has had a low period in both her jobs. Things have felt dull, and she has had a bit of a struggle finding the energy to pick up full speed again. But we will both do our very best. We haven't given up - we will come back, even stronger! I hope I can report back really soon.