Skip to main content

The RiseUp adventure starts

This is Amanda (and me).

Amanda is 33 years old and has never worked in the IT industry before - but has had time to try several different industries and acquired a lot of practical and theoretical knowledge and experience. She is also self-employed and is generally very creative and solution-focused.
Amanda is very intelligent, analytical and empathetic. A big challenge for Amanda in professional life is to be sufficiently challenged and stimulated; she quickly becomes great at things, and can then just as quickly get tired and find the work a bit monotonous and boring.
Amanda currently works part-time as a subway driver for MTR and part-time she runs her private beauty salon. Amanda is looking for a new existence in life and wants to try a new industry.

ServiceNow is currently running the RiseUp program, which aims to meet the crying need for ServiceNow developers/configurators, with the goal of having 1 million certified individuals by 2024.
With Rise Up, even non-technical people, without experience from the IT industry, should be able to learn the ServiceNow platform and be able to contribute in one of the following roles:

  • System Administrator
  • Application Developer
  • Implementer
  • Business Process Analyst
  • Technical Project Manager

Through ServiceNow's Now Learning platform, there are ready-made Learning Paths for each of these roles. All courses are available as On Demand, where you can learn the knowledge at your own pace and in your own time.

When I was at the Knowledge 2023 conference in Las Vegas in May this year, I received a so-called "Golden Ticket". I can give this Golden Ticket to anyone, which gives the recipient a full year of free access to Now Learning with all On Demand courses. Thus, it will be completely free of charge for the individual who wants to complete RiseUp and start a brand new fun, developing and profitable career. All that needs to be invested is time and commitment.
I was given the power to change a person's life!

Golden Ticket

Yesterday, September 20, 2023, I gave my Golden Ticket to Amanda - and today, September 21, 2023, she logged into Now Learning for the first time and began her RiseUp journey. Her current jobs provide her with the income she needs during her studies, and she has plenty of time to devote to this initiative. Amanda has the necessary drive and commitment - and I am absolutely sure that she will cope with this very well. By January 2024, I am confident that she can apply for employment as a junior ServiceNow developer; either with a ServiceNow partner or a customer organization.
And let's not forget that she has a great mentor through me. 😁

What makes Amanda particularly qualified for this program is her great drive and commitment. When she has decided to implement something, she always manages to deliver. She is one of the smartest people I have met, and add to that that she is very social and nice.
I think ServiceNow will suit her perfectly. It gives her the challenges she needs, and because the pace of innovation and change is so high in IT, she will never get tired. In addition, there are all opportunities to expand into other areas within IT.

Follow Amanda's journey here on this blog. Follow her successes and setbacks - and above all: cheer her on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live on Stage in Las Vegas

We did it! Today Amanda and I held our session on Knowledge 2024 on stage in Las Vegas. I'm very proud of both of us - we did a great show. Afterwards, we both received great feedback from the audience, and we were also interviewed by ServiceNow. We were both very exhausted afterwards - but it was a great feeling standing on that stage, sharing our story together.

A sharp task! Amanda exceeds expectations...

 Last week I gave Amanda a sharp task to practice the new skills and test herself. The task focused on the Service Catalog and contained the following elements: Create a new category in the Service Catalog to order pizza. Create subcategories for different types of pizzas, for example Italian, American, etc. Each orderable pizza must contain: Description Price Image When you order a pizza, you should be able to choose extra ingredients - which should also affect the price. Price must be given in Swedish currency (kr). Certain pizzas in each category can only be ordered by VIP customers, and thus not be visible/selectable for "regular" customers. (Note that the instance was not pre-configured for Swedish currency - only US currency.)

Status update

Several people have been asking me about Amanda, and how she progress in learning ServiceNow. Unfortunately, I must confess that we both have lost momentum a little bit. Since Amanda failed the second attempt at becoming a Certified System Administrator (CSA), back in January, I've had so much on my plate. I've been so busy at work that I haven't been able to support Amanda properly, and help her find new energy to progress. At the same time, Amanda has had a low period in both her jobs. Things have felt dull, and she has had a bit of a struggle finding the energy to pick up full speed again. But we will both do our very best. We haven't given up - we will come back, even stronger! I hope I can report back really soon.